Portugal no League of Legends
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

World Cyber Games (WCG) - Depois das finais

Ir para baixo

World Cyber Games (WCG) - Depois das finais Empty World Cyber Games (WCG) - Depois das finais

Mensagem  TauntingGeneral Ter Set 14, 2010 8:55 am

Parece ter sido divertido. Smile

Hey everyone,

I almost never post on the forums but after a loooooong day at work I really feel like talking more about last weekend! There have been a lot of posts about the two games that we played, and a lot of critique and theory crafting, which is great but the most memorable parts of the WCG tournament for me so far were after we played the games. I just think you guys should know that Riot throws really amazing tournaments =p

I'm just going to post a few of the highlights for me, if you want to analyze our play and talk strategy check out Dan's post

The first thing I learned was that Riot staff are awesome! We got to meet a bunch of them in person (Marcou, Rinoa, Phreak, Statik...) and they did everything they could to make the tournament and the whole weekend fun for us. Not only were the Riot staff cool but all the players as well, we had a lot of fun outside of the matches and there was zero animosity between teams, taking the people at the tournament as a sample I would say that LOL has a great community...even players who talk a lot of smack in game were nice IRL haha.

OK so when we finish the games everyone heads to the wcg player afterparty at a bowling ally/bar for food and drinks, some of us got carried away with the open bar and hilarity ensues.

Favorite moments:

- Phreak's "I'm pro at bowling" dance.
- Phreak's freestyle rap battle with Dan.
- Bowling against Dan for shots (I got a strike vs his 9 pin hit, so close mofo!) and being rewarded with the most disgusting drink ever...151, grapefruit juice, whiskey, and something carbonated -.-
- jiji's hilarious public outbursts (sorry don't think I can repost them here =p)
- jiji going to bowl with a particularly heavy ball and tumbling about 10 feet down the bowling lane after it.
- Elementz convincing everyone to jump into the fountain for a picture and proceeding to walk back to the hotel barefoot, his sandals lost forever.
- Elementz prank calling the hotel, I didn't hear all of it but the last part he said was "Is your refrigerator running? ... well you better go catch it fool!", then hands me the phone as the hotel staff informs me that they are watching us on the camera above us and that he can have security there in 2 minutes. (don't worry the hotel staff were messing with us, they thought we were hilarious =p)
- Being shocked awake by the Jurassic Park and Mummy rides at universal with Aragi and Xcessive

Rinoa and Elementz took quite a few pictures if I remember correctly...a little worried which ones they are going to post >.>

Anyway, I have never competed in a video game tournament before but I have played on school basketball teams from middle school through college and of all the tourneys I have been to this was one of my favorites I just thought that you guys should know Riot is serious about these tournaments and they are putting a good effort into making these events enjoyable even though they have not had much coverage before now. I am sure that they will only get better and am really excited for the WCG grand finals in 2 weeks!

PS: GO TEAM USA! We will try our best to make north america proud.

Texto original de Kobe24 @leagueoflegends.com

TauntingGeneral
Admin
Admin

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo

Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos